Maserati vehicles are regarded as one of the most exclusive sport cars in the world. In 1914 the Maserati brothers established the Garage Officine Alfieri Maserati workshop and started to produce race cars made with Isotta Fraschini and Diatto components. In 1926 they presented their first race model Tipo 26 under the Maserati name, and in 1930 they formed their own company called Officine Alfieri Maserati Spa. In 1931 the first 2-seat sporty roadster V4 came out; it was based on a Zagato body. In March 1968 a majority of the company shares were bought by Citroën, which announced the closure of Maserati in 1975. Help came from De Tomaso, which bought the bankrupt firm. Fiat took over 49% of the Maserati shares in 1990, and the remaining 51% in 1993. In the years from 1997 to 2005, Maserati was merged with Ferrari as part of the Fiat consortium.